Friends of Community Connections
Community Connections has grown at a tremendous rate over the past 8 years. Beginning with one ACTS Jr. theatre program serving around 30 children in 2005, Community Connections has expanded to now offer football, soccer, theatre, music, art, cheerleading, marital arts and golf as well as autism support to nearly 500 children per year across central Arkansas. With this exponential growth, we put the Friends of Community Connections program into place to help ensure our programs’ sustainability for years to come. Community Connections has always been proud to offer our activities, FREE of charge, to participants. It is our goal to be a blessing- not a burden- to the families we serve, and to positively impact their lives.
In order to continue to offer our programs without a charge, we have implemented the Friends of Community Connections program. We are asking you to please consider making a monthly, quarterly, or annual contribution (every bit helps!) to Community Connections. When you give:
- Children with special needs are able to experience athletics and the arts like their typically developing siblings and peers.
- Children with special needs gain increased self-esteem, learn social skills, and enjoy the experience of being a on a team and succeeding.
- Siblings of children with special needs have activities that they can do with their brother/sister.
- Parents and family members of children with special needs gain a support network of others who understand some of their unique challenges and lifestyle.
- Volunteers and buddies learn to appreciate diversity and that their peers with disabilities can be friends.
- The community embraces children with disabilities and locations all around central Arkansas and open their doors for our activities to be held.
All donations to Community Connections are tax-deductible and make a BIG difference in the lives of children and families. We appreciate your support and could not make a difference without you!!!
Community Connections is working to positively impact the lives and needs of children and adolescents in AR. Our organizational structure ensures that 100% of your donation will directly support our unique programs and services. Your contribution will make a real difference in the lives of children and families. Community Connections is a 501(C)3, tax-exempt organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Please make checks payable to:
2740 College Avenue
Conway, AR 72034
The 2015 Greek Food Festival is coming up soon! March 15-17.
Community Connections relies on our volunteers to help us achieve the goal of positively impacting the lives of children with special needs here in Arkansas. Whether it be helping a child with a cheer at Showstoppers, helping a child score a touchdown at RUFL, or participating in soccer drills at our TOP Soccer games—we need you! We can not do our programs without the help of our incredible volunteers. If you would like to help with one of our programs please contact:
“There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” –Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle